The City Clerk is elected and serves a four year term. The department has two employees, the City Clerk and the Deputy City Clerk. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of agenda packets and minutes from bi-weekly City Council meetings
- Administration of the City's records management system
- Maintenance of the Municipal Code
- Processing of legal documents (e.g. ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements, permits, in lieu certificates, historic register applications, domestic partnership registrations, etc.)
- Administration of certain tort claims
The City Clerk is also responsible for municipal elections and must ensure that filing requirements are adhered to by elected as well as appointed officials pursuant to the Political Reform Act.
Lastly, the City Clerk's Department serves as a resource center for the public, providing information about various services and/or referrals to other sources.
To contact the City Clerk, Lisette Chel-Walker, call (949) 497-0705 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org