The City Treasurer is elected and serves a four-year term. Working in a part-time capacity, her responsibilities include:
- Assessment District Trustee including oversight of Fiscal Agent and District Administrator
- Conducts the Transient Occupancy Tax and Business Improvement District program reviews
The Deputy City Treasurer is a highly qualified citizen of Laguna Beach who works on a pro bono basis.
In 2014, the City of Laguna Beach investment Policy received the “Certificate of Excellence” award from the Association of Public Treasurer’s of the United States and Canada and was certified by the California Municipal Treasurers Association.
Click here to email City Treasurer, Laura Parisi, CPA, CCMT, CFIP or call (949) 497-0327.
- Investment Policy
- Investment Reports
- City Budget
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- State Controllers Compensation in California
- An Ad Hoc Investment Status Meeting, “Investments – Improving Safety and Return” was held by City Treasurer, Laura Parisi, on May 3, 2016. Please click here for a copy of the presentation. Attendees included, public representative Karl Koski; Councilmember Bob Whalen; the City Manager and/or a representative; and Bill Blackwill, Managing Director, Stifel Investment Services.
- Municipal Bond Basics, a citizens' guide to commonly asked questions, bond types discussed in the March 2016 undergrounding presentation, cost of issuance and citizens' oversight committee.