The 2018 City of Laguna Beach Photo Contest will open in May 2018. When the details are announced, they'll be posted here.
Until they are, click here to view the winning photos from past City of Laguna Beach Photo contests.
- Photographs must have been taken within the city limits of Laguna Beach.
- Participants must live, work, or exhibit in the City of Laguna Beach.
- Participants of all ages are welcome to enter.
- Each participant may enter up to three photographs.
- Photographs must not have been previously published. Photographs originally posted to Instagram may be submitted.
- Entries must be suitable for display on a public website.
- We prefer, but do not require, photographs to be high resolution, for instance 300 dpi and/or at least 3 MB.
- You must submit the contest Submission Agreement. To submit, sign, scan, and upload to the online contest portal.
- If the photo was taken in a public place, such
as a beach or on the street, there is no need for a photo release of
identifiable people. However, if the photo was taken in a private location you must provide a Photo Release for each identifiable
person in the photograph. To submit, sign, scan, and upload to the online contest portal.
- All entered photographs may be used, with credit, as content on the City’s website or in other non-commercial ways to promote Laguna Beach. The photographer retains the copyright to his or her work.
- By entering this contest you agree to comply with the above rules.
First prize photos will receive $500. Additional winners will receive $100 each. All winners will receive recognition at a City Council Meeting, be featured on the City’s social media channels, and will be posted in a gallery on the City’s website. The winners will be selected by a local marketing professional.
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted digitally via SlideRoom. SlideRoom requires each participant to register at no cost.
- Photographs must be submitted as JPGs.
- You must submit the Submission Agreement and necessary photo releases to be considered.
- There is no entry fee.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Chapman at (949) 497-0795.