The City Treasurer is elected and serves a four-year term. Working in a part-time capacity, her responsibilities include;
- Chief Investment Officer;
- Banking services;
- Ensures compliance with laws governing public funds (limited to the annual audit by an outside CPA firm);
- Assessment District Trustee including oversight of Fiscal Agent and District Administrator;
- Monitors cash flow;
- Receives cash receipts;
- Oversees cash disbursement to verify authorization;
- Conducts the Transient Occupancy Tax and Business Improvement District program reviews.
The Deputy City Treasurer is a highly qualified citizen of Laguna Beach who works on a pro bono basis.
In 2014, the City of Laguna Beach investment Policy received the “Certificate of Excellence” award from the Association of Public Treasurer’s of the United States and Canada and was certified by the California Municipal Treasurers Association.
To contact City Treasurer, Laura Parisi, CPA, CCMT, CFIP call (949) 497-0327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A month long event that brings awareness to the community about the hungry and homeless in Laguna Beach.|
Laura Parisi, CPA, CCMT, CFIP
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Phone: (949) 497-0327