Laguna Beach, CA – Today, due to increased COVID-19 transmissions statewide and rising hospitalization numbers, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced a list of businesses sectors that will be required to close effective immediately.
Effective Monday July 13, 2020, bars, brewpubs, breweries, and pubs must close all operations both indoor and outdoorstatewide.
ALL California counties must also close indoor operations in following sectors immediately:
- Dine-in restaurants
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (for example: bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
Orange County (all cities including Laguna Beach) and other California counties on the County Monitoring List must also close indoor operations in following sectors immediately unless they can be modified to operate outside or by pick-up:
- Fitness centers
- Worship services
- Offices for non-essential sectors
- Personal care services, like nail salons, body waxing and tattoo parlors
- Hair salons and barbershops
The State Public Health Officer may take additional action if needed to slow the spread of COVID-19 in California. For specifics on COVID-19 County Data Monitoring in California, Click HERE. For local updates on open local businesses and Laguna Beach City services, Click HERE.