News Detail

How to Report Low-Flying Aircraft and Noise

The FAA regulates the altitude, speed, direction, or location of aircraft in flight. To report low-flying aircraft, contact­­­ the local FAA Flight Standards District Office in Long Beach at (562) 420-1755.

If you have a complaint about aircraft noise, email the FAA’s Noise Ombudsman at 9-AWA-NoiseOmbudsman@faa.gov or call (202) 267-3521. It is important to provide specifics regarding your complaint, including dates and times of the aircraft generating the complaint. Flight tracks can be checked using John Wayne Airport’s web-based aircraft flight tracking system at www.ocair.com/communityrelations/flighttracking/. Information available includes airline, aircraft type, altitude and flight track.