The City of Laguna Beach seeks to name a Literary Laureate to serve as an official ambassador for Laguna Beach’s vibrant creative scene, promoting the literary community and celebrating the written word.
- Enhance the presence and appreciation of literary arts in Laguna Beach.
- Create a focal point for the expression of Laguna Beach culture through the literary arts.
- Raise awareness of the power of literature, poetry and the spoken word.
- Inspire an emerging generation of critical thinkers, writers, storytellers and literary artists.
- Bring the literary arts to people in Laguna Beach who have limited access to or have few opportunities for exposure to expressive writing.
- Encourage both the reading and writing of literature.
- Create a new body of literary works that commemorates the diversity and vibrancy of Laguna Beach.
- A residential address within Laguna Beach and a live or work relationship with the City of Laguna Beach.
- Five years of experience (not including years as a student) in either publishing or presenting literary works, with a demonstrated record of being included or invited to present works within journals, magazines, web-sites, and/or programs that are not predominately self-curated, personal web-sites or personal blogs.
For more information regarding the scope of work, please refer to the Literary Laureate Guidelines:
Information: Michael McGregor, Arts Program Coordinator (949) 497-0722x5 or firstname.lastname@example.org