Please watch this short message from Arts Commission Chair Adam Schwerner:
A one-time funding opportunity of $1,000 - $8,000 will be awarded to Laguna Beach resident artists working in the visual, performing, literary, craft and experiential arts for the creation of works to be shared with the Laguna Beach community. Works must be completed within a 12-month period and exhibited, performed, or experienced with no additional costs to the City of Laguna Beach and as State and Federal orders allow.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed with regularity. Funding is limited and not every application can be supported.
Applications accepted starting: June 24, 2020
- Proof of Laguna Beach residence (no PO Box accepted)
- Proof of age (21 or older)
- Examples of previously created works as a practicing artist for two consecutive years
- Brief proposal of work to be created
- Brief description of how the work will be shared with the community
- Provide a W9 and Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) upon notification of your grant selection.
Applications are encouraged from all mediums. Artists will retain all rights to the works, but the works may be utilized for non-commercial purposes to illustrate the breadth and impact of the City of Laguna Beach grant program.
This grant opportunity has been made possible through a gift from the
Wayne Peterson Fund of the Laguna Beach Community Foundation.