Status of City Beaches
The Shoreline and Water are now OPEN in Laguna Beach. Click HERE for more. Please pay close attention to any warning signs posted at or near beach areas.
Oil spill residue may be present. Please use caution and avoid contact with any trace of oil. If you see oil-contamination or oil tar balls on beaches, do not attempt to pick them up or touch them. Please call the Marine Safety non-emergency line at (949) 497-0310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
On October 4, 2021, Governor Newsom proclaimed a State of Emergency to assist response to Southern California oil spill.
US Coast Guard Oil Spill Response Information Website
Call the Orange County Health Care Agency: (714) 834-2000
How to Report Oil-Impacted Wildlife Concerns
- Do not attempt to pick up or move injured or deceased wildlife related to the oil spill.
- Report wildlife impact by the oil spill to: Oiled Wildlife Care Network at (877) 823-6926 and HB Wetlands & Wildlife website.
Report Personal and Business Impacts
A claims number has been established for any individuals or businesses that feel they may have been impacted by the oil spill incident. Please call 1-866-985-8366 and reference “Pipeline P00547”.
Volunteer Clean-Up Opportunities
The following organizations are offering opportunities to support efforts to contain, clean, and remediate the crude oil spill:
Donate to Critical Organizations
Ocean Institute: The Ocean Institute is supporting the efforts to get supplies to our Wetlands and Wildlife colleagues and the Pacific Marine Mammal Center. The following is a list of supplies needed:
- Nitrile gloves
- N95 Masks
- Syringes for feeding (60cc, 120cc, 240cc)
- Small red rubber feeding tubes
- Collapsible plastic or cardboard animal carrying cases
Supplies can be donated at the Ocean Institute (drop box located outside) and will be delivered asap.
Laguna Beach News and Press Releases
- October 14, 2021 Community Newsletter Update
- October 14, 2021 Press Release - Shoreline and Water Fully Open in Laguna Beach After Tests Affirm Water Quality
- October 13, 2021 Press Release - Ban on Offshore Drilling Press Conference Media Advisory
- October 11, 2021 Community Newsletter Update
- October 7, 2021 Community Newsletter Update
- October 7, 2021 Press Release - Sand, NOT Shoreline or Water - to Reopen Friday Morning in Laguna Beach
- October 7, 2021 Press Release - City Council Supports Efforts to End Offshore Drilling
- October 6, 2021 Community Newsletter Update
- October 4, 2021 Community Newsletter Update
- October 4, 2021 Press Release - City Update on Oil Spill Response & Resource Information
- October 3, 2021 Community Newsletter Update
- October 3, 2021 Press Release (Updated) - City of Laguna Beach to Close All Beaches at 9 p.m. in Anticipation of Oil Spill Impacts
- October 3, 2021 Press Release - City Closely Monitoring Oil Spill Impacts